Bradley Law helps municipalities plan for their broadband needs. Our firm works as part of an independent team of consultants that review the legal, financial and engineering issues related to broadband in the City. The team examines what assets the City has and thoroughly examines the options available to each City. Each municipal client will then choose what it believes to be the best option(s).
In studying how to approach a City’s broadband planning, some typical options to consider are:
- Review City’s broadband assets
- Public/Private Partnerships
- Look at partnering with existing providers
- Look at potential
- Public/Public Partnerships
- Working with other cities, counties, schools, etc.
- Identify City Department Needs
- Identify Community Needs
- Government Network opportunities
- Economic Development goals
- Community Development goals
- Public Safety Consideration
- Available Technologies
- Provision of Retail Services
For more information and sample municipal broadband RFPs, please contact Mike Bradley, Adrian Herbst, or Leslie Saporito.