Bradley Berkland Hagen & Herbst, LLC (“BBHH”) is a law firm that was founded in 1998 and based in the Twin Cities of Minneapolis/St. Paul. The Bradley Telecommunications Law Group includes Mike Bradley, Kristin Berkland, Adrian Herbst, and Leslie Saporito, together bringing decades of telecommunications legal experience to the firm.
Municipal Cable Television, IP Video and Satellite Law
BBHH has more than 20 years of experience nationwide in negotiating and drafting cable and telecommunications franchise agreements, renewal agreements and rights-of-way-use agreements, in both large and small markets. In representing municipal clients, the firm has appeared before federal and state district and appellate courts, the FCC, and the state PUC. Recently the firm successfully represented the City of Minneapolis in complex cable litigation resulting in a multi-million dollar settlement. The firm also recently litigated and negotiated one of the largest rate settlements in the country, resulting in significant refunds to subscribers across the country and lower equipment rates into the future.
Experiences in cable television law include:
- Cable and IP Video Franchising
- Franchise Renewal
- Franchise Transfers
- Competitive Franchising
- Rate Regulation
- Customer Service Disputes
- Franchise Noncompliance Litigation
- Public, Educational, and Governmental Access
- Defamation and Constitutional Issues
- Cable Litigation
- MDU Access
Bradley Berkland Hagen & Herbst, LLC has represented a wide variety of international, domestic and municipal clients, ranging from individual corporations and major school districts, to large cities, small cities, and municipal joint powers commissions in nearly every facet of federal and state cable and telecommunications regulation. The firm also has represented several non-profit access television organizations and has assisted municipal clients on a variety of state-specific telecommunications law matters. Among other things, the firm’s experience in federal and state telecommunications law includes:
- International/domestic FCC Section 214 authorizations, including merger/acquisition due diligence reviews
- Federal universal service fund contributor reporting and compliance
- Federal universal service E-Rate and Lifeline program participation and compliance
- FCC enforcement, consent decree, and compliance plan proceedings
- Submission of comments in federal and state rulemaking proceedings
- Federal Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) and Minnesota Government Data Practices Act representation
- Federal Telephone Consumer Protection Act analysis and compliance
The firm has also assisted municipal clients on a variety of telecommunications law matters. Experiences in telecommunications law include:
- Section 253 Litigation
- Telecommunications Franchising
- Open Video Systems
- Rights-of-Way Ordinances
- Telecommunications Planning
- Tower Siting – PCS & Wireless Telephone Towers
- Master Telecommunications Ordinances
- Zoning and Tower Siting Ordinances
Government affairs in another area where the firm has advised municipal clients. The firm has assisted local governments in the review and advocacy of legislation, including legislative testimony. These areas include:
- Development of statewide policy on telecommunications issues.
- Competitive Access to Multiple Dwelling Units (Apartments and Condos).
- Cable Franchising
Cable Administrative Services
The firm also provides professional and reliable administrative services to public and non-profit entities. The firm’s experience with complex regulatory matters naturally brings a significant insight to the administration of regulated entities and regulatory bodies. B&G works with their organization clients to bring government affairs, legal, and administrative services to organizations at a reasonable cost. Through our administration, B&G has eliminated the need for franchising authorities to expend resources on full-time staff or facilities to conduct administrative business.
The firm’s municipal representative clients include:
- City of Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Nashville, Tennessee
- Lincoln, Nebraska
- The firm also represents a majority of the Twin Cities suburban cable commissions.