Since 2013, Tom has concentrated his practice exclusively to helping his fellow U.S. military veterans and their eligible family members obtain VA benefits. He has been practicing in Minnesota since 1997. Tom served in the Minnesota Army National Guard for over 27 years as a Judge Advocate and retired in 2016 at the rank of Lieutenant Colonel. His service includes three overseas deployments, including two tours in Iraq with the 34th “Red Bull” Infantry Division. His awards include the Legion of Merit, Bronze Star Medal, Meritorious Service Medal (2 awards), Army Commendation Medal (2 awards) and the Iraq Campaign Medal.
Admitted to Practice
- U.S. District Court, Minnesota
- U.S. Court of Appeals for Veteran Claims
- Accredited Representative before the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
Areas of Practice
- V.A. Disability Appeals
Associations and Education
- National Organization of Veterans Advocates
- Minnesota National Guard Association
- Disabled American Veterans
- Veterans of Foreign Wars
- American Legion
- B.A., University of Minnesota-Duluth (1991)
- J.D., William Mitchell College of Law (1996)
You can reach Tom by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org and by phone at (507) 593-4098.