Since 2013, Tom has concentrated his practice exclusively to helping his fellow U.S. military veterans and their eligible family members obtain VA benefits.
An accomplished attorney and veteran with exceptional credentials in law and public policy, Tom has been practicing in Minnesota since 1997. He served in the Minnesota Army National Guard for over 27 years as a Judge Advocate and retired in 2017 at the rank of Lieutenant Colonel. His service includes three overseas deployments, including two tours in Iraq with the 34th “Red Bull” Infantry Division. His award include the Legion of Merit, Bronze Star Medal, Meritorious Service Medal (2 awards), Army Commendation Medal (2 awards) and the Iraq Campaign Medal.
Tom has also served at all levels of government, including as U.S. Senate staff, as Assistant to the Commissioner at the Minnesota Department of Commerce, and as Mayor of Waseca, Minnesota. Tom has a proven track-record of managing conflict, resolving issues, mitigating risks and influencing leaders. He has demonstrated expertise in law, policy, military affairs, regulated industries and all-hazard emergency management. Tom also has experience serving on numerous non-profit and advisory boards. Tom offices in both the Twin Cities and Waseca. He has volunteered as a team member for Veterans Treatment Court of Minnesota’s 5th Judicial District since 2013.
Admitted to Practice
- U.S. District Court, Minnesota
- U.S. Court of Appeals for Veteran Claims
- Accredited Representative before the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
Areas of Practice
- V.A. Disability Appeals
- Minnesota State Bar Association Award of Professional Excellence, 2010
- Minnesota Jayces Outstanding Young Minnesotan, 2005
- Rising Star Attorney, Minnesota Law and Politics
- Up & Coming Attorney, Minnesota Lawyer
Associations and Education
- National Organization of Veterans Advocates
- Minnesota National Guard Association
- Disabled American Veterans
- Veterans of Foreign Wars
- American Legion
- B.A., University of Minnesota-Duluth (1991)
- J.D., William Mitchell College of Law (1996)
You can reach Tom by e-mail at email@example.com and by phone at (507) 593-4098.